Destiny's Child Principles
Private Home Care for the Intellectually Disabled in Atlanta, Georgia
There are several principles upon which DCI is based and these are as follows:
- All clients can and should receive the services they need in the least restrictive, most natural, and normalized setting possible. Destiny's Child Inc. enhances the learning and generalization of skills, behaviors, insights, and attitudes that will help the people to achieve continued growth and development.
- The human relationship is the basis for personal development and social change. Relationship is the key element for change. This principle is the foundation of the Destiny's Child Inc. model of individual residential treatment, in which our organization and staff becomes a trusted guide, tutor, and counselor to an individual patient/client.
- The relationship between the staff and the individual for whom she/he is responsible is a critical element in growth and change. Services should be truly individualized and consumer driven.
- At DCI, all service planning begins with the needs and desires of the individual patient/client. The patient/client, and his or her family, if appropriate, are active participants in the service planning process.
- All attention, resources, plans, and interventions are focused on the needs of each person individually then as a uniting family. All individuals have the right to quality care, a right to dignity, and a right to be treated with respect.
Contact us at (855) 563-8107 to learn about our private home care and companion programs.